Friday, April 23, 2010

Altruistic?

I've re-read my intro blog and realize that it may sound a little like I am portraying myself as Mother Theresa.  Am I completely altruistic or selfless?  Definitely not.  Papi, Inc. would testify to that under oath with no hesitation at all. LOL!  But I meant it when I said my boys are everything to me.  I try to do everything in my power to make sure my boys are happy and healthy.  I would put my life on the line for my kids without hesitation.  I think most people would.  Before I go to sleep I kiss my boys.  As soon as I wake up, I kiss my boys.  Stinky breath and all!  But I wouldn't be honest if I didn't admit how much I love ME time.  In fact, I covet this time!  I love to sit down for a mani/pedi.  I actually don't mind my long commute to work because I get to read without interruption.  I REALLY love when the house is quiet late at night so that I can get down to some serious Tivo business!  Criminal Minds, anyone?  Love love love that show!  I also watch a few teen dramas on the WB.  There's no shame in my tube watching game.  :-)  But when I sit down to think about and plan my life I try to make sure that everything circles back to my family.  This is my attempt to stay grounded and focused on what is most important.  Like everyone else, I get caught up in trivial matters - but I do my best to realize that I'm focusing on nonsense and move on to more important things. 

1 comment: